A change has been made in how coders will report pressure ulcers when the stage of the ulcer changes during the admission. Per the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting FY 2017 Page 51, if a patient presents with a pressure ulcer at one stage and during the admission it progresses to a higher stage, two separate codes would be reported.Read More
- Part 1: Top 3 CM Chapters 2019 from ProFee Reviews
- Part 5: New 2020 CPT Codes | Modifiers, Category III, Evaluation and Management, etc.
- Part 4: New 2020 CPT Codes | Digestive, Urinary, Nervous, Ocular and Auditory Systems
- Part 3: New 2020 CPT Codes | Cardiovascular System
- Part 2: New 2020 CPT Codes | Musculoskeletal System