The condition that prompted the admission or main circumstances of admission would be the PDX. The only time that the complication of delivery would be the PDX is if the patient was admitted for routine pregnancy and no delivery and then a complication occurs. See pages 3-8 of CC 1Q2016 for further explanation and examples.Read More
- Part 1: Top 3 CM Chapters 2019 from ProFee Reviews
- Part 5: New 2020 CPT Codes | Modifiers, Category III, Evaluation and Management, etc.
- Part 4: New 2020 CPT Codes | Digestive, Urinary, Nervous, Ocular and Auditory Systems
- Part 3: New 2020 CPT Codes | Cardiovascular System
- Part 2: New 2020 CPT Codes | Musculoskeletal System