From a coding perspective, the IABP is not classified as a device such as the VAD’s. The IABP is not coded as a device within ICD-10-PCS and is coded with the root operation of “Assistance.” The ICD-10-PCS code for insertion of an IABP for continuous pumping would be 5A02210, Extracorporeal or Systemic Assistance, Physiologic Systems, Assistance, Cardiac, Continuous, Output, Balloon Pump.Read More
- Part 1: Top 3 CM Chapters 2019 from ProFee Reviews
- Part 5: New 2020 CPT Codes | Modifiers, Category III, Evaluation and Management, etc.
- Part 4: New 2020 CPT Codes | Digestive, Urinary, Nervous, Ocular and Auditory Systems
- Part 3: New 2020 CPT Codes | Cardiovascular System
- Part 2: New 2020 CPT Codes | Musculoskeletal System