HIA has previously discussed the coding of bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL). The coding of procedures performed via bronchoscopy has become complicated in ICD-10-PCS. The coder must now think about the objective of the procedure to assign the correct root operation, the correct body part being addressed, and the correct approach and whether or not the intent of any removal of tissue or fluid was diagnostic.Read More
- Part 5: New 2020 CPT Codes | Modifiers, Category III, Evaluation and Management, etc.
- Part 4: New 2020 CPT Codes | Digestive, Urinary, Nervous, Ocular and Auditory Systems
- Part 3: New 2020 CPT Codes | Cardiovascular System
- Part 2: New 2020 CPT Codes | Musculoskeletal System
- Part 1: New 2020 CPT Codes | Integumentary System