Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
- Personally identifiable information. This is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
- Other information. Other information is information that is not personally identifiable information (it does not individually identify you, such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage.) We may link together different types of other information or link other information to personally identifiable information.
Some areas of this site may ask you to submit personally identifiable information for you to benefit from the specified features. For example, subscriptions and order processing may require you to provide your name and email address in addition to other information. You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional. If you do not wish for us to collect any required information about you, you can simply not utilize any of the Electronic Resources or otherwise supply personally identifiable information. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from engaging in certain activities on an Electronic Platform.
How We Collect Information
We collect personally identifiable information and other information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, an Electronic Platform may require you to create an account or a username and password.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Services. We may collect information about the Electronic Platforms that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
- Log information. When you use an Electronic Platform or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personally identifiable information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit an Electronic Platform as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
Cookies and other Technologies
When you use Electronic Resources, we may collect certain information automatically using various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your internet browser automatically transmits to this site some of this information, such which web pages you visit at our websites, which website you visited before coming to our website, and where you go after you leave our website, or the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using. Our Electronic Platforms may collect information from your computer through cookies and pixel tags or web beacons. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Electronic Resources you’ve visited so we can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Electronic Resources. They may also tell us Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or e-mail for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. The Electronic Resources, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall personally identifiable information previously provided by a user.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use information collected via the Electronic Resources in the following ways:
- to improve the content of our Electronic Resources.
- to provide products or services you request.
- to customize Electronic Resources to your preferences.
- to communicate information to you (if you have requested it).
- for our marketing and research purposes.
- if you submit a resume to work with us, we may use it for hiring decisions and retain the resume or information in it for our own records or to contact you later.
- to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- to analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Electronic Platforms including mobile applications and social media assets.
- to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities.
- to improve our customer service.
- to respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Resources.
- to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- for any other purpose specified at the time we collect such information.
In addition, we may make full use of all information acquired through this site that is not in personally identifiable form.
If you provide personally identifiable information to this site, we may combine such information with other actively collected information unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection.
If you are a registered user of one or more Electronic Platforms or have supplied your email address, you agree that we may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on us and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
How We Share Information We Collect
We may disclose personally identifiable information and other information you provide via the Electronic Resources to other Health Information Associates’ affiliates, employees, contractors, and agents worldwide that need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services. We ensure that these parties agree to treat the information appropriately and use it only for limited purposes. We also may disclose personally identifiable information and other information you provide via the Electronic Resources to third parties that are not Health Information Associates’ affiliates, but only to contractors or vendors that support our business for technical support and service delivery. If we provide data in these instances, we require the third parties to agree in writing to safeguard your information against improper disclosure and in accordance with the law. Some of those third parties may be located outside of your state, province or country. By using the Electronic Resources or providing us information, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potential personally identifiable information to anyone.
If we or any of our affiliates is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset sale, joint venture or other, similar transaction, we will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information. We may transfer or allow access to personally indefinable information as part of the transaction and in review or preparation for it as described below under “Business Transfers”.
We also may provide information about you to other third parties with your consent or for one of the purposes above, e.g., following a subpoena or other legal process or to a regulatory agency in order to protect against fraud or investigate a criminal or civil matter or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and interests, third parties, or the public at large.
How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it to our Electronic Platforms and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
- Information you share. Some of our Electronic Platforms may let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
- Social Media Accounts. We maintain various social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Please note that comments and information that you leave in such settings are likely to be broadly visible and may not be controlled by us. We are therefore not responsible for any information or messages you leave in such settings or for how such information may be used by others.
- Accessing and updating your information. If you provide us with information or create an account in order to access or receive our services, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your personally identifiable information. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your personally identifiable information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. To keep personally identifiable information that you provide via this site accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession, or to delete your information from our contact list.
You acknowledge and agree that we have no duty or obligation to respond to or save user comments.
Third Party Links
The Electronic Platforms may contain links to webpages or tools operated by other parties. We do not control such websites or tools and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites or service providers. Our inclusion of links to an outside website or tool does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or tools or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from an Electronic Platform or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon accessing the third party’s website. We strongly recommend you review the third party’s terms and policies.
The Electronic Platforms are not intended for use by minors. We do not intentionally gather personally identifiable information about individuals who are under the age of 18. If a minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a minor under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personally identifiable information of a minor under 18, or other minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
Residents of California
We are not a “business” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, and therefore we are not subject to its requirements. Nonetheless, we respect the privacy and wishes of individuals regarding their privacy. As such, you may make a request regarding our use, handling and protection of your personally identifiable information by emailing us at the email address below.
Health Information Associates
16 Otis Drive
P.O. Box 3787
Pawleys Island, South Carolina 29585
How can HIA Assist You?